Founded in 1892, under the leadership of John S. Paynter, The St. George's Cricket Club became Bermuda's first fully organized Cricket Club. The Club's colours were selected to be light blue and dark blue, the same as famous English universities, Oxford and Cambridge.
The first Cup Match Classic was held in 1902, with the first match at the Club's current home, Wellington Oval, held in 1921.
To date the St. George's Cricket Club has recorded 33 victories in the annual event and has held the Cup for 62 of its 113 year history.
Apart from cricket, The St. George's Cricket Club has adopted various other sports making it one of Bermuda's most acclaimed sporting organization.